The amazing Noria, from Noria Reads on youtube came up with the most amazing idea for a readathon which, in her own words, is all about “the fucks we give, the fucks we don’t and the shit we are fresh out of fucks to give”!! I am so excited and honestly, I think this is the best idea for a readathon I ever heard!
She has videos for every trope and they are hilarious, funny, and pure entertainment. check it out even if you don’t want to participate. Anyway, let’s get to it!
- Fuck Ableism: Read a book with a main character with visible or invisible disabilities.
Mooncakes by Wendy Zu & Suyanne Walker – The cover for this one looks adorable and the story very cute. Sing me up!
- Fuck Ageism: Read a book that centers a main character 50 years and older, living their best life.
Britt-Marie was here by Fredrik Backman – My grandmother asked me to tell you she’s sorry is one of my all time favorite books, and I am super excited to read about the adventures of Britt-Marie who is one of the side characters in there.
- Fuck Capitalism: Read a book with main characters that try to subvert, trick, swindle, survive or make the best of a capitalist system
Animal Farm by George Orwell – I will re-read this one because I was talking about it with my boyfriend and I realised that I don’t remember it that well and is a damn good book.
- Fuck White Supremacy: Read a book that challenges white supremacy ideology
Dear Martin by Nic Stone – I’ve meant to read this book since forever and this trope is the best excuse to pick it up.
- Fuck Theological Fundamentalism/Religious Intolerance: Read a book with a main character who practices a religion separate from yours
Ms. Marvel vol 2: Generation why – I read the first volume a while ago and fell in love with it, Kamala Khan is the newest superhero from Jersey and just so happens that she’s also muslim.
- Fuck Book Elitism: Read the trashiest, cheesiest, most tropey book on your shelf
There’s something about Sweetie by Sandhya Menon –
Fake dating (my mistake, this is not the one with fake dating, I was thinking about the third book 10 things I hate about Pinky) . That’s it! I also read and love the first book in this series When Dimple met Rishi so I know I will love this one. Sweet, tropey, predictable and so. much. fun!!
- Fuck Gentrification: Read a book with characters who are fighting or dealing with the gentrification of their communities
Pride by Ibi Zoboi – Is a Pride and Prejudice retelling, do I need to explain myself anymore?
- Fuck Slut-shaming: Read a book with a character who loves to have sex and is utterly unapologetic about it
Jack of Hearts (& Other Parts) by L.C. Rosen – Because Noria said so!
- Fuck with Yourself: Do something utterly selfish for yourself
I am still working on this one, will probably treat myself with some more books!!
- Read the Group Book: The Source of Self-Regard by Toni Morrison
I will try to read the group book and as much books as I can, but in July is also my birthday and I plan to visit my family. Let’s see how this goes.